04 February 2009

Well on the way

I started running 3 miles a day, 6 days a week on 29 Dec. I went from just under 32 minutes for 3 miles, to under 23 minutes today. 22:12 to be exact, but it rounds to 22:20 Yay me!

According to the PFT chart I use, I've raised my score from 34 points to 92 points, in just over a month. I'm shooting to have my run time to 21 minutes or under, then add in the flexed-arm hang and crunches. I crunch every day, but haven't really focused on improving it as much as I have the running.

I'm quite proud of myself. I also noticed that I've lost about 5lbs (eh), but my pants are loser, my legs are looking better, and I've dropped almost 6 inches off my waist, and 4 off my hips. Yay me!

Oh, and I'm an endorphin junkie. I genuinely miss running on days I don't go to the gym. That, or I miss USMC DIs screaming in my ears from my mp3 player.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pagan Military Wives
Powered By Ringsurf