26 May 2009

Ahhh, knowledge

I love acquiring it, and I see it as a goal to learn something new every day. With the help of a fellow blogger, far more knowledgeable than I, I've learned several new things and re-enforced other things.

May I have the honor of introducing Paleoglot? The man is near to a fount of Etruscan knowledge, though I got to him through analysis of the Piacenza liver. His analysis is very well reasoned, though many of the technicalities of Etruscan language escape me.

I suggest you have a good root around his archives, they're really interesting. He also uses tags much more efficiently than I do. For anyone who desires a deeper understanding of linguistics and proper study of them versus what's sold to many a college student of the modern world, he is a breath of fresh air. For the layman, he may be too technical but fall back to learning something new every day, a term perhaps?, and you'll be able to understand him and rationally look at proto constructions of language with a critical and more informed eye and ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pagan Military Wives
Powered By Ringsurf